A couple of mornings ago there was a new post in my inbox from one of my favorite bloggers, C.B. Wentworth. I love getting her new posts. I might be greeted by her newest exercise in Wreck this Journal, her latest visual art journal page, a new poem or prose piece, a photograph of her travels, or her latest adventures in her journey as a writer. I always know I’m in for a treat.
I had just enough time to read her post before heading out the door to my harp lesson. She shared that her blog just received both the Sunshine Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award – both are well deserved in my book. In order to claim the awards, she had to pass them on to other blogs she thought deserved it. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that she was giving both awards to Heart To Harp.
Wow!!! I’ve seen cool icons for different awards on lots of blogs, but I never imagined that this blog would receive one. Thank you so very much, C.B.!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and provide a link.
- Write a post about it.
- Answer the 10 questions below.
- Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and let them know.
Here’s my answers to the 10 Questions:
- Favorite color – purple
- Favorite animal – dogs, especially cairn terriers
- Favorite number – 5
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink – a cup of tea with cream, brewed in a tea room or pub in a rural English or Irish village. And an accompanying scone wouldn’t hurt.
- Facebook or Twitter – neither
- My passion – music
- Getting or giving presents? – giving
- Favorite pattern – abstract with lots of colors and layers of images
- Favorite day of the week – Friday
- Favorite flower – tulip
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
- List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and tell them.
Here’s my list of Seven Interesting Things:
- I know how to jack up houses and rebuild their foundations, hang and mud sheetrock, install sinks and toilets, and lay ceramic tile countertops and floors – and I hope I’ll never have to do any of those things ever again.
- I have an amazing sense of direction, and can read maps that are not written in English, even without knowing whatever language they are in.
- Several years ago I won a cash award in a memoir writing contest. Someday I’ll find time to post this piece on Stories That Might Be True.
- I bake great bread and can braid challah.
- I created my entire 10-bed raised bed garden without digging up one shovelful of dirt, using the lasagna gardening method.
- I make books with hand-sewn signatures using stitching patterns from the Middle Ages.
- I have 25 years of worth of my journals stored in a giant green plastic tote box on the floor of my closet.
My nominees: I am following C.B. Wentworth’s lead here, and nominating the following blogs for both awards. You are welcome to take either award, or both!
Notes From Near and Far – Julian Hoffman is a writer living in northern Greece. This is his blog on “the nature of place.” His writing and photo images make my heart sing and my soul breathe deeply.
Sartenada’s Photo Blog – I’ve been traveling the length and breadth of Finland with Matti and his camera. Our latest trip is “Beyond the Arctic Circle,” into the wilds of northern Finland. I love seeing this part of the world through his eyes.
Cheryl Andrews – Cheryl is a writer and photographer from Canada. Her photos and stories about living in her cabin in the woods transport me from my asphalt-bound city life to a place where I can hear the loons and smell the fir trees.
Click! – Lisa Hudson describes her blog as “A Photo Log of Beautiful Moments.” Her amazing eye captures little moments of the day-to-day in photos that take my breath away.
Northern Prints – Photos From Minnesota – Another beautiful photo blog. I am regularly entranced by this photographer’s capturing of light and pattern in both the natural and the human-made worlds.
Philip Bradbury’s Bubbling Words – Philip Bradbury is what so many of us hope to be – a published writer. His challenges and reminders to be mindful of and responsible for creating the life I want consistently pull the plug on any pity party I might be throwing for myself.
Raising My Rainbow – I can’t describe this blog any better than the About Page: “RaisingMyRainbow.com is a blog about the adventures in raising a slightly effeminate, possibly gay, totally fabulous son.” This mom’s writing about being C.J.’s parent amazes me with its honesty, wit, and courage.
Photo Nature Blog – Jeffrey Foltice is a photographer in West Michigan who specializes in nature and outdoor photography. You’ve got to check out his portrait of a rough-legged hawk!
Listening for the Whisperings – Catherine Anderson, the author of The Creative Photographer, is an artist, photographer, SoulCollage facilitator, and creativity midwife extraordinaire. Her images and words never fail to help me see deeper.
My Life In Color – This “blog about almost everything” is the newest entry on my blogroll. Strawberryindigo’s wry observations and writing that tells me I’ve found a kindred spirit. I mean, someone who has a blog section for “rants” and “would kill for dark chocolate” is welcome on my team!
Thanks again, C.B., for reading my blog, and for giving me these awards. I am touched that Heart To Harp is one of your favorites.